It seems August rolls around and talk of the end of summer, school starting back in session, and fall plans start to creep into our conversations. I’m not a fan. I’m a summer gal through and through. Since we only have about three months of summer here in Wisconsin (give or take a few weeks), I get really upset thinking about the end of summer when it feels as though it just got rolling. While I really do enjoy having four seasons (expect for perhaps in the middle of February), I do just wish summer would last a bit longer.
The retailers are no help with this either. Christmas items at craft and decor stores start to roll out in August (I’ve even seen it as early as July), school supplies cover the shelves where seasonal summer goods once stood, and clothing retailers turn their displays over to sweaters, jackets, and jeans. Totally not helpful to my mental state. So in revolt of those who try to bring summer to an end before its due time, I’m toasting ‘long live summer’ with a the most summery drink I could think of. A refreshing drink that says: I’m not letting go of summer just yet – and you can’t take it away from me either (you nasty retailers)!
This cool, summer inspired Rosé Wine & Lemonade Slush is the perfect companion to hot August days and nights that are still pumping out sweet summertime vibes. Because you know, #roséallday, right?! I tried making this drink two ways. One way with rosé wine and Fentimans Rose Lemonade, and one with Belvoir Fruit Farms Elderflower & Rose Lemonade – which made it a bit sweeter because of the elderflower. I purchased both lemonade mixes from World Market. They both turned out delicious, so it really would just be up to your preference of flavor. Either way, the rosé flavor still really shines through.
Catch the recipe below and mix up a batch, then sit back and dream of an endless summer! Enjoy!
Rosé Wine & Lemonade Slush
Makes approximately 4, 6oz drinks
- 1/2 Bottle of your favorite Rosé (about 12 oz)
- 8oz of Belvoir Elderflower & Rose Lemonade or Fentilmans Rose Lemonade (your choice on brand)
- Handful of Ice Cubes
- Small Squeeze of Fresh Lemon
- Lemon Wedge for Garnish
- Pour out and freeze rosé wine in ice cube trays
- Combine the frozen rosé wine cubes, Belvoir Rose Edleflower Lemonade OR Fentilmans Rose Lemonade, a small squeeze of fresh lemon, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend until you reach a slushy consistence, adding a bit more ice if necessary. NOTE: the lemonade is mildly carbonated so be sure to use a large blender, or pop the top of the blender lid slightly to allow for the escape of carbonation when blending
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Style Me Pretty Living